Brave Payments is a contribution platform, similar to Patreon, that allows Brave users to donate to their favourite creators and publishers, like you! To learn more about Brave Payments and how it works, click here.
Verifying your YouTube channel so that you can receive BAT contributions from your viewers on Brave is easy and only takes a minute.
Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- The first thing you need to do is head over to https://publishers.basicattentiontoken.org.
- Find the text box that says, “New to Brave Payments? Start verification by entering your e-mail,” and click “get started.”
- Type in your e-mail address and click, “get started.” You should get a pop-up saying that an e-mail is on its way, which you can go ahead and open.
- Follow the link in the e-mail to log into Brave Payments. You should now arrive at your Brave Payments publisher dashboard.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and select “add channel.” You will now see a popup showing you that you can verify either a website, a YouTube channel or a Twitch channel.
Select “YouTube channel.” Then, simply choose the account that you’d like to sign in with. Once you’re back on your publisher dashboard, scroll to the bottom of the page to your list of verified channels. Your YouTube channel should now appear as “verified”!
On the bottom right-hand side opposite your channel name, you will be able to view your channel’s contribution balance denominated in BAT. Each month, the BAT you’ve earned from user contributions will be deposited into your linked Uphold account.
That’s it! You are all set to start receiving contributions!